Wednesday, March 25, 2009

SMOKE ALARMS FOR SLEEPING ADULTS WHO ARE HARD OF HEARING

ARE YOU SCARED TO SLEEP AT NIGHT BECAUSE YOU ARE HARD OF HEARING?

I SURE AM. I HAVE BEEN FOR MONTHS NOW THAT I LOST ALL OF MY HEARING IN MY RIGHT EAR. I'M PARANOID. I CAN BARELY SLEEP AT NIGHT. I'M AFRAID I WONT HEAR THE ALARM, OR A FIRE OR EVEN A BURGLAR.

PLEASE READ THIS ARTICLE:

SMOKE ALARMS FOR SLEEPING ADULTS WHO ARE HARD OF HEARING

I was searching on google and I found - Lifetone HL Bedside Fire Alarm and Clock. This device is a fire/smoke detector monitor that "listens" for any standard home smoke detector 3100 Hz, TS alert tone and then sounds its effective 520Hz square wave tone, and activates a pulsed bed shaker for maximum effectiveness in waking our lot in the scenario of a fire emergency. This monitoring allows the Lifetone to alert from any of the detectors in an interconnected smoke alarm system, thus giving extra time for safe evacuation, even when the fire has erupted far from the sleeping quarters - maybe the garage or kitchen. This device will be shipping the first week in APRIL 2009. BELOW is the direct website for more information.

TELTEX- LIFETONE HL

IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF (HLAA)- HEARING LOSS ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA YOU CAN GET UP TO 25% USING YOUR MEMBER ID NUMBER!!!!

I hope this helps!

Have a great night

Smile*

1 comment:

Frieda Loves Bread said...

Dani, thanks for the link! My youngest, who is 16, has excellent hearing but is a very SOUND sleeper...he sleeps through his alarm almost every morning! We tested our smoke alarm at 2 am, I woke up, but he slept through it!