Thursday, September 29, 2011

Frustrated...

It all started I think two months ago. The implant is static and muffed. Its so bad that its shutting off by itself now. NO its not the batteries. This is my 3rd processor and I only have been activated for  7months.

This is the same problem I have had with all my implants. This started up again three weeks ago with my new processor. Static is there when I turn it on and then it gotten so bad that It shuts off. I dont get it. Im in class happened 2 weeks ago... heard the noise it happened the moment class started. I panicked thank god I have an interpreter. I changed batteries about 5 x.  NO LUCK. STATIC/MUFFLED all day. Then 3pm comes and its okay for my second class. All sudden 20 minutes into class it shuts off AGAIN. I knew it wasn't the batteries. Then I looked at my remote and it said COIL OFF. Im like no its not its on MY HEAD! Bugging out I finally called cochlear had to leave class to do this. They probably think im crazy! I explained my situation and almost started to cry. I need to hear for school. So he said go for a mapping and make sure they do an integrity test? Never heard of that before. So I emailed my audiologist and she said start making a log of when this happens etc. I have been dong that for the past two weeks. At this point is happening so much that I cant even wear it. Its not only happening in school its happening when im home. I am just a bit worried because of the RECALL.

Right now the implant is on and is muffled and static and i hear myself echoing a little. So then I turn it off ( i tried this yesterday). I turn it off for about 10 minutes. Then I turned it back on its good to go back to NORMAL for about 5 minutes THEN it comes back. Now listening to music is fine I dont need the music program and yesterday as im on my way home from class the static happening while my ipod was playing.So now I cant even enjoy music at the moment.  I just dont get it.

Im sorry im rambling on im just very nervous because I need to hear. I dont get why this is happening. I get that things happen and this is what happens with technology but enough is enough.

My audiologist told me to come in first thing in the morning so this is my only chance!!!!!!! It better work. Im hoping it just a MAPPING! I have a test on monday. I havent had a mapping for about 5 months now.

 By the way with the disposables and Rechargeable no difference same problem. Using my backup same problem. The entire processor goes into the DRY and STORE every night. Also changed the microphone protectors about six times. YES 6 TIMES!  So I dont know what it could be....


I have a question...  someone said " I know when I need a mapping." How do you know when you need a mapping???




TO BE CONTINUED.....








1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Dani, you don't think your implant was one of those that was affected by the recall, do you?