Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Letter for my God Father....

On Saturday February 18th, 2012 you went to heaven. I still cant believe this happened especially on the 18th, because thats the same date as my birthday even though its a different month. You are an amazing God father and I will never forget you. You always made me laugh. You will always be in my heart and I will cherish every moment we spent together. The last few days have been the hardest for me. I remember you used to bake amazing pies for me apple and pumpkin. You always loved to cook and bake. I remember you liked watching Martha Stewart. Always had cook books out.  I enjoyed watching baseball with you either the yankee or the met games. You have taught me a lot about baseball. I also remember the time we spoke about me going to Ireland. I will definitely be going there for you. Every time I close my eyes I see you on the porch holding your newspaper. Remember before I got sick I always took a walk to your house and we used to just sit on your porch and chat. I can still see you waving to me as Im coming down your block. I will always cherish those moments with you. This is NOT going to be the same without you here. I hope your okay. I am terribly sorry I didn't get to come up to the hospital to see you because of your infection. I hope you forgive me.

I will love you always I promise. By the way I heard that you loved the Irish flowers I got you :) I am going to try to find them so I can plant them in my yard for you.

I love you.....

An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you, 
May the wind be always at your back, 

May the sun shine warm upon your face, 
May the rains fall soft upon your fields, 
And, until we meet again, 
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.






© 2012 My personal Hearing Loss blog

4 comments:

Stephen Young said...

I am sorry for your loss Dani. It always hurts when someone you love dies. I am glad there is hope.

Jesus said "I am the resurrection and life, whoever believes in me, even though he dies, will live." John chapter 11

Kathi said...

What a special and precious letter to your Godfather... Sounds like he was a really special and one-of-a-kind man...

Annie said...

Dani, please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your beloved God father.

Danielle said...

Thank you all....