Thursday, June 23, 2011

Zephyr - Dry and Store

I never used the Dry and Store with my hearing aids before. With my implant every night before I go to bed I put my CI in the dry and store. What I like about mine is that it is convenient to travel with. I received this in my kit when I got activated.


Below is information from Cochlear's Website.

Summer’s here and that means fun in the sun! It may also mean humidity, sweat and splashing water. No worries; the Zephyr, which came with your system kit, will help you care for your sound processor and keep up with your summertime adventures, too.

Be sure that your hearing is always at its best; use the Zephyr nightly. It is an electrical appliance that helps remove moisture from your sound processor. Place your processor in the Zephyr overnight or for storage when not in use.

Questions about using your Zephyr? Follow these simple instructions:

Wipe your sound processor with a dry, non-abrasive cloth.
Activate the Dry-Brik® II desiccant by removing the foil cover.
Place it in the Zephyr.
Place your sound processor in the Zephyr.
Press the power button on the side of the Zephyr to start the drying process.

You can buy Dry Brick desiccant's on Cochlear's website for $9.95

The Zephyr uses a Dry-Brik II desiccant that lasts up to two months*. Unopened Dry-Briks can be stored for up to one year with the foil cover intact, ideally in a plastic bag in a cool, dry place.


No comments: