Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Visit to my surgeons office

Yesterday I went into the city because I had an appointment with my surgeon. Remember the pain I was experiencing on my implant side as well as the other side of my head?  I now  have whats called TMJ syndrome. He also asked if I have trouble swallowing at night. Dr. A looked at my ear and asked if I had pain on the other side of my head too. The reason why I cannot sleep on my implant side is because of the TMJ. TMJ is flaring up. I have heard of TMJ years ago but I didn't know much about it until now.

Then Dr A. put his fingers in my mouth and it HURT!  He saids that I have to go to the dentist and get a " Night Guard". This is something I am not going to want to do. The night guard will help with the pain. He also thinks that I grind my teeth. I honestly dont know if I do.  To have some pain relief I have to take Advil every four hours.

I thought I was loosing my mind the last two months. My jaw  has been hurting me as well. I didn't think anything of it because I have to many health issues. So its official I am not loosing my mind.  Not yet at least.

He prescribed me some ear drops called Prednisolone because I told him my ears are so itchy. I also asked him about  Genetic testing because I really want to find out why I was born hearing impaired. This is something I always wanted to do. I just didn't think that was possible.
My surgeon doesn't do genetic testing so he refereed me to someone I called today and the earliest appointment is August 15th. I'm looking forward to this because I want to know the " Real Story".

I hope everyone is having a good summer so far.



© 2012 My personal Hearing Loss blog

No comments: