Tuesday, January 31, 2012

"The Hammer" movie


Matt “The Hammer” Hamill is a deaf American amateur wrestler and MMA fighter. He was a three-time NCAA Wrestling Division III National Champion (167 lb. class in 1997, 190 lb. class in 1998, and 197 lb. class in 1999) while attending the Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, New York.



Synopsis:
This movie is a real life story about Matt's life. 


The movie " The Hammer" is  Inspired by the life of deaf UFC fighter, Matt Hamill. "The Hammer" tells the story of what it takes to be a champion, on and off the mat. "The Hammer" is a coming of age drama depicting the struggles and successes of what it takes to become a champion. Raised among those with the ability to hear, Matt later finds himself no less an outsider amidst the Deaf Community. But through sheer determination, he uses his 'perceived' disability as an asset, and becomes not only the first deaf wrestler to win a National Collegiate Championship, but an inspirational force to both hearing and deaf alike.


Today January 31st, 2012 " The Hammer" is now available to buy at Walmart and Best Buy
for those that didn't pre-order the movie. Also available to Canadian fans through Amazon  and it is available at your local Blockbuster store to rent.








A few days ago I received the movie in the mail and watched it immediately. I pre- ordered it online a few months ago. I really enjoyed watching this. The movie has subtitles already on the screen which I like. I also love the behind the scenes.  Definitely worth buying, something I can watch over and over again. I  had the pleasure meeting Matt a few months ago at deaf expo. He was so nice. We took a picture together but I wont show it here because I dont like how I came out in the picture.  Pick up your copy today!





© 2012 My personal Hearing Loss blog

3 comments:

Shay said...

I can't wait to pick up my copy of the DVD. I was hoping to see it in theaters, but we missed it. My boyfriend is deaf, so I'm thinking it should be a pretty inspiring movie for us to watch! All I see are great reviews!

Danielle said...

Your going to love it!!!! Its available in Walmart so much cheaper. The special features are awesome to! I may even watch it again tonight!

lbre969903 said...

I'd like to see this.. Can't find it anywhere.. Maybe I'll check Walmart's website.. Thanks for the information!