Thursday, January 19, 2012

Surgery went well

My parents and I arrived in NYC around 6 am yesterday morning. I asked for my interpreter and no one had a clue what I was talking about. Finally the manager comes out and said's hell do his best to get an interpreter. At 7am while I was in the waiting room the interpreter comes. I was relieved. I was so afraid that I wasn't going to understand what was going on.

Surgery went well my mom said. It took three hours. I was done early. In recovery the nurse was annoying she kept waking me up and I just wanted to sleep. I kept saying another five minutes to keep my eyes shut. " If you dont get up then you cant go home." I remember reading her lips.  I remember getting home at 7pm last night. I was very nauseous and vomited the entire way home and all night long, I was scared and afraid too. I was shaking all night. It was tough to do this all over again less than a year. I kept saying I rather be deaf. Really it was just a lot and a bad day. Glad its over....

Today is a better day. I woke up at 9am because I slept all night. I was starving needed something to eat. Finally I was able to keep down my english muffin. The tinnitus is really bad. My Dr called and he said its normal. Every time I move the ringing begins, but if im sitting my I'm fine. I am mostly stiff with no pain. I can use a really nice neck massage right about now.  I am glad I have no pain.

That it for now. Here are some pictures.

In the waiting room.

After Surgery.

Bandage had to come off this morning. 

I'll be back in a few days....

    © 2012 My personal Hearing Loss blog


Frieda Loves Bread said...

Wow...glad to see that you are doing much better today ~ looks like your body doesn't handle anesthesia very well! I hope some movies, good books, and pampering come your way!

Danielle said...

Thanks frieda! yeah anesthesia doesnt work well with me.

Stephen M. Young II said...

No stitches? Wow.

Glad you made it through.

Annie Rose said...

Oh the tinnitus is terrible! Hopefully this surgery is the one to stick and everything goes well! =)

Annie said...

So glad to read your blog and that the surgery is over. I just can't get over the fact that this all happened to you, such a shame!

I know there is equipment failure, and it happens, but it just makes me peeved that it had to happen to such a sweet girl as you, or to anyone, really.

Good luck with this new one. Hope you're feeling better each day.

Looking forward to read how it works for you when you are activated.

: )

JimboBillyBob said...

Hang in there kiddo! Glad it went well, but surgery is always stressful to the body and the mind. Meanwhile, make sure you get spoiled while recovering!